The course is taught by Elga Joffee, COMS, an Invision COMS On-Line Course Instructor and Invision’s Lead O&M teacher.
IN THIS COURSE O&M SPECIALISTS WILL:
- Learn about CVI – What It Is & What It Isn’t
- Learn about the Visual Performance Characteristics of Cortical Visual Impairment
- Understand How the Visual Performance Characteristics of CVI Present Challenges for Mobility and Safety
- Learn about a CVI Screening Checklist
- Learn About Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy’s CVI Range
- View Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy’s Video Presentation to the West Virginia Department of Education about O&M and CVI
- Learn About Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy’s CVI O&M Resolution Chart for Evaluating the O&M Needs of Students with Cortical Visual Impairment
- Learn About Using the CVI O&M Range to Assess Students and Recommend O&M Environments
- Review Invision’s O&M Evaluation Report Format for Students with CVI
- Review a Sample O&M Evaluation Report for A Student with CVI
ACVREP continuing education credit for completing the workshop readings and assignment is 2 hours.