Teaching Wearable Toddler Cane Mobility is the second course in the invision.training Toddler Mobility Series.
This course presents the Wearable Toddler Cane as a developmentally appropriate solution to the mobility and developmental challenges faced by toddlers who are blind and severely visually impaired, and takes O&M specialists through ways to teach toddler mobility using the Wearable Toddler Cane.
- Review mobility with a visual impairment and its effects on a young child’s safety and emerging mobility
- Review a system for identifying children who can benefit from the Wearable Toddler Cane
- Understand the Wearable Toddler Cane and how it functions as a mobility tool
- Learn how to measure, fit, and obtain a Wearable Toddler Cane
- Learn the techniques for using and teaching the Wearable Toddler Cane, monitoring and spotting for safety with the Wearable Toddler Cane.
- Read creative ideas for teaching Wearable Toddler Cane mobility.
ACVREP continuing education credit for completing the course readings, viewing course videos, and passing the course quiz is 2 hours.